Cowgirl Creamery & Tomales Bay Foods
For over 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses, using milk from neighboring dairies while championing the local milkshed in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Two decades, dozens of awards, two creameries and two retail stores later, we continue to act as an advocate for sustainable agriculture and artisan cheese.
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled Prep Chef to work in our Cantina kitchen - a bustling take-away counter preparing seasonal salads, sandwiches, daily specials, and other goodies. This is a great opportunity to work with amazing local ingredients, support artisan producers, and stretch your creativity with lots of room for growth in the future. It's also a great schedule - no late nights so you can enjoy your evenings with friends and family. Our operation is open Wednesday - Sunday, closed Monday/Tuesday.
What You'll Do:
• Assist with daily production of menu items and ingredients in a fast, efficient, and safe manner. Your knife skills rule!
• As needed, assist with the production of sandwiches, catering, and daily specials
• Help keep kitchen clean and organized by following all food safety rules, FIFO, etc. You love to keep things neat and tidy!
• Participate in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation
What You Bring:
• 1+ years of food prep experience in a restaurant or foodservice environment
• A desire to be part of a small but mighty kitchen team
• A knack for efficient systems and processes
Perks & Pay:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. Rate DOE
• Benefits include: company sponsored medical & dental, paid vacation and sick time, shift meal, and a 25% discount
• Bonus perks like swag to keep you warm, coffee & treats to keep you going, birthday gifts, and endless Cowgirl cheer!