Café Counter and Customer Service
Cowgirl Creamery & Tomales Bay Foods
For over 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses, using milk from neighboring dairies while championing the local milkshed in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Two decades, dozens of awards, two creameries and two retail stores later, we continue to act as an advocate for sustainable agriculture and artisan cheese.
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey!
Our Ferry Building Cafe & Cheese shop showcases our Cowgirl Creamery Cheeses among others in addition to offering a number of cheese-centric dishes. This position is responsible for participating in the smooth welcoming and efficient operation of the store as directed by the shop manager and designated shift supervisors. You’ll contribute to creating extraordinary customer experiences by upholding Cowgirl’s high standards of customer care while maintaining proper handling and display of food. Our ideal candidate has the ability to thoughtfully and dynamically work within a team-centric, fast-paced kitchen environment and can easily pivot to confidently and independently assist new and regular guests.
What You Need
- A love of cheese; we’ll help you learn the rest
- Prior experience in customer-facing positions - restaurant and/or foodservice FOH roles preferred, retail or other in-person customer service experience still applicable
- Ability to adapt within an active work environment and effectively multitask
- Competence to listen and understand customer needs and guide them accordingly
- ServSafe Certified within 30 days of the start date
- Availability on weekends and around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
What You Bring:
- Retail POS and general kitchen experience are a big plus
- Appreciation for hospitality and desire to cultivate meaningful customer interactions
- A positive outlook and attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Consistency and dependability for your team members
What You'll Do:
- Preserve and elevate the highest standards of hospitality
- Be fast, friendly, and accurate in every customer interaction
- Maintain the high level of food quality by following recipes & sampling frequently
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Participate in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation
Perks & Pay:
- This a full-time, non-exempt position (hourly), pay rate DOE + tips
- Health, vision, and dental insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, and a 30% discount
- Bonus perks include swag, shift meals at retail locations, and endless Cowgirl cheer!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.