From the beginning, Brick Oven has had a commitment to delicious food and superior service. From our signature Brick Oven Old Fashioned Root Beer to our famous “Green” Ranch Dressing, we pride ourselves in offering the best in food quality and service that is second to none.
Brick Oven has been voted the #1 Family Restaurant and Best Pizza in Utah Valley. Founded in 1956, this favorite restaurant continues to grow.
Brick Oven is seeking a host that presents a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The host/hostess also greet guests upon arrival, inform guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, show guests to their table and bids guests farewell as they leave.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Greet incoming and departing guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
• Inform guest of current promotions
• manage the flow of guests into the dining room, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
• tend to special guest needs and requests
• Observant to guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service
• Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety policies *ensure to go orders are complete and ready for guest
• Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for ToGo orders
• contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
• Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to managers, bussers, and servers, etc.
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
• Must be able to understand requests for assistance
• A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
• Passion for providing extraordinary service
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment • Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
• Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time