Cowgirl Creamery & Tomales Bay Foods
For over 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses, using milk from neighboring dairies while championing the local milkshed in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Two decades, dozens of awards, two creameries and two retail stores later, we continue to act as an advocate for sustainable agriculture and artisan cheese.
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey!
This position helps ensure the high quality and deliciousness of Cowgirl Creamery products. As the first step in our production process, this role is a critical step and must work in accordance with current laws and regulations. By working in a thoughtful, efficient manner with an emphasis on quality, you help support the integrity of our product and the overall success of our company. This position also learns all of the inner workings of our creamery with the same skills and responsibilities as our Assistant Cheesemakers.
What You'll Do:
• Daily milk receiving and pasteurization in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Performing CIP's and other machine work as needed.
• Completing all required documentation in accordance with our Food Safety/HACCP plan and state law.
• Assisting with scooping, shaping, and brining of cheese.
• Working in our cheese aging rooms turning and caring for cheese.
• Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and utensils (We have lots of stainless steel equipment and it sparkles!)
What You Bring:
• Current General Pasteurizer Licence and/or Limited Sampler and Weigher License with the CDFA is highly preferred. If expired, please tell us how recently it was active.
• Reliability, good communication skills, and an eye for efficiency.
• A positive attitude and a love of cheese!
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lb frequently, and to lift and carry up to 10 lb continuously.
• Ability to frequently reach above and below shoulder level, stoop and squat.
• Ability to work safely in variable temperature environments.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Perks & Pay:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position
• Company-sponsored health, dental, Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid time off, and a 25% discount
• Bonus perks like swag to keep you warm, coffee & treats to keep you going, birthday gifts, and endless Cowgirl cheer!