Cowgirl Creamery & Tomales Bay Foods
For over 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses, using milk from neighboring dairies while championing the local milkshed in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Two decades, dozens of awards, two creameries and two retail stores later, we continue to act as an advocate for sustainable agriculture and artisan cheese.
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey!
Creamery Supervisors are key to ensuring the efficient, friendly and safe operation of the creamery. Your goal is to provide the daily leadership and direction for staff to maintain the production of consistently delicious, high quality cheese.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position
What You'll Do:
• Delegating and supervising daily tasks, ensuring work is done in a safe and efficient manner
• Inspiring staff to work collaboratively and fostering an environment of teamwork
• Identify areas of opportunity, with both people and processes, and taking initiative to make improvements
• Working with Creamery Managers on short and long-term department goals
• Maintaining and upholding all aspects of our food safety plan, and helping others to do the same
What You Bring:
• 1-2 years previous Supervisory experience, preferably in food manufacturing, but definitely in food operations of some kind
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• An eye for efficiency and knack for process improvement
• A positive attitude and a love of cheese
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lb frequently, and to lift and carry up to 10 lb continuously.
• Ability to frequently reach above and below shoulder level, stoop and squat.
• Ability to work safely in variable temperature environments.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Perks & Pay:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position
• Company-sponsored health, dental, Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid time off, and a 25% discount
• Bonus perks like swag to keep you warm, coffee & treats to keep you going, birthday gifts, and endless Cowgirl cheer!