Line Cook - BOH
Irvine Spectrum Center
Back of House
Curry Up Now (Orange County)
Our founders firmly believe they were put on planet earth to bring happiness through food to the entire world. With this in mind, we’ve created a one-of-its-kind, cutting-edge, never-before-seen menu using clean ingredients served in a unique and approachable format that supports many different diets while staying true to our earth friendly beliefs. We live by the mantra - if we don’t get better every day, we get worse. As such, every decision we make is taken with this belief in mind.
Curry Up Now started in 2009 with a single food truck roaming the streets of Burlingame. With great success and an amazing team behind us, we’ve since expanded to three food trucks, six brick & mortar restaurants and two craft cocktail bars and have started franchising across the US making us the largest and fastest-growing Indian Fast-Casual Concept in the United States.
Even though we have great plans to continually expand in the future, we’re still a small company and will always be a small company at heart. This means our employees aren't a faceless number to us. We cherish each and every employee as they really are the only reason we keep doing what we're doing.
We are looking to fill the following positions on a Part Time/Full Time Basis. As our back of the house team member, your tasks will include that a line cook, prep cook and dishwasher.
• Flexible schedules available
• 20-40 hours weekly
Our Ideal Candidate will
• Have the ability to develop positive work relationships with restaurant staff and work as part of a team
• Have 2 Years Restaurant industry experience for Line Cook and 1 Year Experience for Prep Cook
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests & employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach at all times throughout your shift
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude & provide exceptional customer service
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow recipes and sanitation requirements
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen
• Work at least 35 hours or 6 shifts a week. We are flexible with schedules
• Have a Serve Safe Food Handler Certificate
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by a manager or Head of Department/Division. The employee will actively follow CUN policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.