Ice Cream Spin Team Assistant
Tin Pot Creamery
Tin Pot Creamery is a small batch ice creamery with a production kitchen and several scoop shops in the Bay Area. The team at Tin Pot handcrafts ice creams, toppings, sauces, mix-ins and baked goods every day. The menu changes seasonally and there is a strong emphasis on organic and local ingredients. We're hiring for people to join our team - Tin Pot is a fun place to work where you will meet lots of wonderful people in an active and fast-paced work environment.
Reports directly to Spin Lead
The Ice Cream Spinner spins and packages all menu items in an efficient manner.
● Able to lift 50 pounds
● Able to stand on feet for extended periods of time
● Has ServSafe Food Handler’s Card or ability to obtain within 2 weeks of hire
● 1 year experience in professional kitchen
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Prepare all menu items following recipes, and taste all products made
● Learn what all menu items are supposed to look and taste like, and maintain quality.
● Inform Spin Lead of any off-tasting, off-looking, or off-smelling products immediately.
● Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended, properly and safely.
● Complete daily inventory tasks.
● Alert Spin Lead of foreseeable inventory issues.
● Organize ice cream products and practice FIFO
● Maintain proper storage procedures
● Minimize waste
● Ensure cleanliness of kitchen and spin room and practice food safety
● Follow general kitchen safety guidelines
● Complies with the kitchen’s policies and procedures
● Communicates effectively with co-workers, management and other departments
● Perform Lead duties in absence of Spin Lead
● Perform all other duties as assigned
● Health and Dental Benefits
● Paid vacations
● Product discounts and MORE!