Customer Success Associate/Manager
Workstream (www.workstream.is) is an automated hiring platform for hourly workers. We help companies to streamline the hiring process with workflow automation, SMS communication and machine learning. Our clients include cafes, restaurants, retail shops, and some of the hottest on-demand startups in the Bay Area. We are a team from Harvard, MIT, Google, Cornell, Y Combinator, WeChat and more and are backed by investors including Basis Set Ventures, Peterson Partners, Nexus Ventures, Valar Ventures, ex-Googler fund, Chairman of JetBlue, COO of Yelp, CEO of Zoom, CIO of Jamba Juice, CEO of Logitech, former CMO of Hubspot and more. Global at our core, we are headquartered in San Francisco, and have presence in the US, Europe, China and Singapore from day one.
We are looking for a full-time, dedicated, and passionate individual to join our growing team. This person will be a core member of our customer success team, and the lead point of contact for a set of our clients. S/he will lead client onboarding, and shepherd clients throughout their engagement with Workstream. They will be measured on how successful clients are, which is quantified as the churn rate. Lastly, customer success is the key feedback channel for product improvements, and this individual will work closely with the product team to champion customer needs back into the product.
The nitty-gritty details
• Company: Workstream • Website: https://www.workstream.is • Location: SOMA, San Francisco • Position: Customer Success Associate • Position type: Full-time
Opportunities to progress in career
We are looking for an individual that can grow with our team over time. Within 6 months, we will love for this individual to handle additional responsibilities and develop key processes in the customer success team (currently there is none). Within 12 months, we will love for for this individual to be be promoted within the company and mentor other members of the customer success team, and take the lead in working with all our customers. If the job requires it, there may be opportunity to travel and meet with clients or teammates. This will probably be after 6 months or working with the team.
Skill Sets and Requirements
• Startup experience of 1 to 3 years (prior customer success experience even better) • Entrepreneurial, hungry, passionate and tech-savvy • Be hungry and quick to learn • Have a long-term vision of working and growing with a Silicon Valley based technology startup and stay with the team for at least 2 to 4 years • Be fluent in English and American culture, being able to easily build relationship with US based clients • Be a good communicator, both verbal and written • Able to work some evenings as needed (you may support some APAC clients as needed) • Detail oriented. Keeping track of notes is a key to success • Analytics skills a plus
Customer Success Account Management (70%)
• Account management. Be the internal champion and partner of our customers. Develop and execute a check-in schedule. Review customer on platform usage, and jointly develop goals with customers and support them in getting to those goals. • Onboard new customers. Lead kickoff calls with new customers. Work with team to set up new customer accounts. • Training. Conduct training for users. Develop training manual and processes as needed to ensure users can grasp key ideas. • Track customer conversations and notes in CRM software. • Promptly answer emails, text messages, and Intercom messages to get back to customer’s questions (within minutes/hours). • You will be the lead point of contact for a group customers. Communicate and involve the Head of Customer Success and other members of the CS team as needed to support your customers. • Most of customer success work will be done remotely (phone, email, and Zoom). Occasionally we will visit clients in person, whether locally or involving travel.
Analysis and Process Improvement (20%)
• Analyze data across entire customer base to determine key factors that contribute to customer’s success with Workstream, and build processes to support those behaviors. • Build alerts so if customers are dis-engaging, automatically alert the CS team so we can take proactive actions. • Develop training, onboarding, check-in articles, documents, email templates, and other resources that make it easier for clients to self serve. • Tools used: internal database, SQL, Heap, Fullstory, Google Analytics, among others.
Product Feedback (10%)
• Customer success is the most important feedback channel to how well/poorly the product works for our existing customers, and as a result the CS associate will work closely with product team to guide the product development. • Timely report bug • Work closely with product manager to share feedback and ideate on new features. • Track user feedback in a systematic manner, so it is easily searchable and digestible. • Follow up with customers as their product requirements are built, to develop goodwill with customers.